How to Hire
Kilt & Ensemble for Hire
We offer 13 different tartans in our Kilt Hire Range. We complete the formal hire outfit with a Prince Charlie Jacket and Waistcoat. We also offer an informal take on the outfit, by adding a Jacobite shirt and excluding the jacket hire.
All outfits include a dress shirt or jacobite shirt, sporran (formal or semi-formal) and chain strap, belt and buckle, black bowtie or cravat (different colours), ghille brogues, flashes, and a replica sgian dubh. You will need to buy your own hose.
* Our staff will show you how to dress correctly, as there are protocols which one needs to follow when dressing.
How to Hire A Kilt
- Visit us at Rob Roy Scottish Supplies – Impala Centre, Room 118 on the 1st Floor, Corner of Beyers Naude Drive and Hocky Ave, situated in Northcliff
- Get measured by an experienced staff member. A kilt is not something one just hires off the shelf! If you cannot visit us, then complete the Rob Roy Hire Form and send it through to us with all your details. RobRoyHireForm
- A 50% deposit will be required to confirm your booking
- Collect your hire outfit two days before your function – an appointment will be made accordingly for your fitting and collection
- Ensure a credit card is brought for security – payment can be made by cash or debit card but for ID purposes a credit card is required.
- If no credit card is presented then a deposit of R500.00 per outfit is required and refunded upon return of the hire.
The full formal outfit is R1200.00 to hire.
You can hire individual items, as well as an informal option. Contact us for details.
Terms and Conditions: Rob Roy HireT&C’s2014
If you are not situated in Johannesburg, we can arrange delivery of the kilt hire outfits. There will be an additional charge for the courier fees and a quote will be arranged for you.
Do you hire a kilt regularly?
Have you ever thought about buying your own kilt?
While it may be quite an expensive item, it is an investment that can be enjoyed for a lifetime. Having your own kilt can save you a great deal of money in the long run.
Many gents opt to buy their own kilt and then hire the accessories, adding to their collection over time.